[TEASER] Orbx – Malmö Airport
Are you ready to move some IKEA furniture? Introducing ORBX Malmö Airport, now available for Prepar3D v4 & Prepar3D v5!
Serving as Sweden’s fourth-busiest airport, Malmö welcomes passengers from across Scandinavia, as well as further afield across central and southern Europe. Many will know the airport by it’s popular previous name – Malmö Sturup Airport – which although officially discontinued in 2007, is still what it is colloquially known by. Whilst most at-home with narrowbody (737/A320/E-Jet) and regional aircraft (BAe146/CRJ/F-50/ATR-72) types, Malmö also sees the occasional 747 or An-124. During non-COVID times, the airport is host to SAS, Braathens, Norwegian, Ryanair, Wizzair and more, whilst as a major cargo hub, is a port of call for UPS, Amapola and others.
As to be expected from Marcus, no detail has been spared with the creation of Malmö. Beautiful PBR texturing has been used on key infrastructure items, whilst mixed-materials textures have been used elsewhere, ensuring the perfect balance between detail and performance. Complete seasonal variations, weather-controlled ground features, interior modelling, and special attention to landside details abound. The approaches have been faithfully reproduced with blended orthoimagery and hand-placed autogen, whilst the night lighting uses the best of both dynamic and rendered (baked) lighting to again get the best out of the simulator. Animated SODE jetways, a custom GSX profile, and optional VDGS (requiring the SODE VDGS pack) round out the features for the serious simmers amongst us. Developed with the full co-operation and assistance of Malmö Airport management, special thanks must go to Jan Wieslander and Andreas Lundvall with their on-site assistance over the past several months.
An airport built to the highest standards, ESMS combines the latest P3D tech alongside best-practice optimization to ensure the perfect balance between stunningly high-fidelity visuals and excellent performance, perfect as your next Scandinavian destination!
- Immaculately detailed depiction of ESMS Malmö Airport for P3Dv4+
- The latest Scandinavian airport from acclaimed Swedish developer Marcus Nyberg (Gothenburg/Kiruna/Stockholm Arlanda)
- Stunning ultra-HD texturing through the airport, including PBR for primary components
- Customized interior modelling
- Weather-influenced PBR ground textures
- Night light lighting using a combination of dynamic and baked lighting for a completely immersive night experience
- Animated SODE jetways
- Optional accurate VDGS for customers who use the SODE VDGS pack
- Unique custom aircraft (F-50/BAe ATP and more) made specifically for Malmo
- Detailed APX, pre-configured for complete GSX compatibility
- A short flight to other popular Scandinavian destinations, Stockholm Arlanda, Gothenburg, Dala, Scandinavian Mountains Airports and Alesund
- Painstakingly optimized for excellent performance even with high-end aircraft
- Designed for P3Dv4+ to blend seamlessly with Orbx Global Base and/or openLC Europe. Also compatible with Vector
- Developed with the full co-operation and assistance of Malmö Airport management
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- Supported Operating System: Windows
- Prerequisite Products: Orbx Global Base Pack // OR // Orbx openLC Europe